Founded in 1995, Wanson has been creating quality homes throughout the Lower Mainland. Characterized by innovative and functional designs, Wanson homes consistently deliver an exceptional value and ownership experience. Distinctive for their intimate scale, our communities are friendly and family-oriented – places you actually get to know your neighbours. By focusing on these values, our homes turn houses and streets into desirable neighbourhoods with shared ideals and family values.
As an integral member of the Finance Team, the Corporate Accountant will assist with the full accounting cycle ensuring application of sound accounting practices.
- Corporate Accounting:
- Assist in the preparation of accurate and timely financial statements and supporting financial information
- Assist in the preparation of the group consolidated financial statements
- Prepare daily journal entries and general ledger/intercompany account reconciliations
- Prepare and analyze monthly/quarterly/annual financial statements and management reports accurately and in a timely manner
- Record and maintain fixed asset purchases and applicable depreciation and amortization schedules
- Record and maintain monthly property management and rental statements
- Support in compilation of annual and periodic budget information
- Assist with employee expense report review and processing
- Assist in Tax Compliance including, Annual Corporate Tax Filings and other Statutory Tax Filings (GST returns, T2, T4, T5, T5018, WCB, EHT)
- Respond to various queries and requests from external accountants
- Prepare working papers for annual financial reviews
- Ensure all reporting tax deadlines are adhered to
- Check Statement of adjustments on all sales closings and liaise with lawyers on sales closings as required.
- Assist in the oversight of the full cycle accounting and processes for the Wanson Group hotel properties.
- Assist in the preparation and analysis of the quarterly property management reports for investors
- Review with the Property Manager on CAM/tax recoveries adjustment billings in accordance with the tenant leases
- Assist the Controller in the implementation of the accounting system conversion from Quickbooks to the new ERP software.
- Prepare management fee invoices monthly for various companies
- Reconcile all corporate banking transactions
- Assist in the monthly cash flow analysis and reporting
- Perform daily routines and month end procedures.
- Maintain overall responsibility for accounts payable, receivable
- Code and entry of invoices. Ensure accuracy of Costs coded to projects
- Review invoices to ensure invoice billings agreed with cost commitment from Contract
- Coordinate approval signatures and prepare payments for distribution in a timely manner.
- Prepare monthly Job Cost Reports and ensure all Budget/Cost variances are identified and communicated to the Project Manager.
- Monitoring Holdbacks account including reconciliation of holdback release.
- Maintain reconciliations of specific GL accounts (Job Cost Report WIP to GL accounts, Intercompany accounts, mortgage account, security bond deposit accounts
- Prepare monthly reporting packages including the Job Cost Report, Cheque Detail Report, and monthly Financials report for Partners.
- Maintain and reconcile schedules of LC’s & LC cash collaterals monthly
- Assist in compiling the required information to submit to quantity surveyors to facilitate monthly bank draw.
- Maintain the Sales Summary sheet and ensure all data aligns with Sale Contracts.
- Assist in the checking of Statement of Adjustments on all sales closing and post sales entries into accounting system
- Liaise with lawyers/ Paralegals on discrepancies with sales closing as required
- Assist ad-hoc tasks as assigned by the controller.
- Post-secondary education with a minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience
- Professional Accounting Designation (CPA, CGA, CMA), or significant progress toward obtainment of designation
- Experience in Real Estate Development, Property Accounting, Hospitality industry
- Working knowledge of Excel
- Strong financial acumen and analytical agility
- Detail oriented, organized and able to meet tight deadlines
- Self-motivated, results driven, prefers to work in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- Proven prioritization, time management and project management skills
- Effective written and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build lasting relationships
To apply please forward a cover letter and resume firstname.lastname@example.org — be sure to include “Corporate Accountant” in the subject line. We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.